Hey Beatlepeople!

Welcome to WYD, where I've been having a blast uploading most of my Beatlepics! I get really excited when I realize that some people (other than me) might actually see this, so please leave a comment or something to let me know what you thought! thanks! and peace* V

Thursday, June 12, 2008

MBE anniversary

It was on June 12, 1965 that the British Press announced that The Beatles were to become the first people in the pop world to receive the honor of becoming Members of the British Empire.

Some of the previous members felt that this was lowering its value and feel of honor, and gave theirs back...Just as John Lennon did in 1969, only his reason was "For England's involvement in the Nigeria-Biafra thing and for [the song] Cold Turkey slipping down the charts." Many of the teeny-boppers thought that they shouldve been awarded by HM The Queen with a knighthood instead, this has only come true to Sir Paul McCartney who received it in 1997. (And Sir George Martin)





The MBEatles.

No comments: