Hey Beatlepeople!

Welcome to WYD, where I've been having a blast uploading most of my Beatlepics! I get really excited when I realize that some people (other than me) might actually see this, so please leave a comment or something to let me know what you thought! thanks! and peace* V

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

June 1st, 1967

Understanding that I am, in fact, a few days late- I would like to mention that June 1st, 1967 was the release of the Beatles' most successful album, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. It was released on a Friday, and it immediately ripped through the charts. Its amazing sound quickly forced Jimi Hendrix to learn the chords to the title tune for his Sunday night London show, two days later, to great reception and praise especially from Paul McCartney, who considered it a major honor.

I personally feel too many words have been written about their undoubtebly innovative and fantastic album...I prefer these cool studio pictures-






Its release party was held at their manager, Brian Epstein's, house on Chapel Street- to a crowd of 'beautiful people and journalists'. Curiously, one of the photographers there happened to be the young Linda Eastman. She was in London to shoot for the photo book, "Rock and Other Four Letter Words" and had just met Paul McCartney at the Bag O' Nails club about 4 days before. It is said they immediately clicked.



OMG, what I wouldn't give to be in Linda's position...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who wouldn't kill to be in Linda's position?

Sgt.Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band is aruguably the best Beatles album.